Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Did It! Blue Monday

GIVEAWAY: I'm hosting a giveaway in honor of my new Wednesday linking party. Click HERE for up to 5 chances to win!

It's Blue Monday today at Smiling Sally's! When you're finished reading my good news, head over there for more blue-themed posts!

Two Blue Mondays ago, I challenged myself to get back into a skirt that I love but haven't been able to wear. I told you all that I'd update today...and yes, I did it! You can read the original post here.

In all, I've lost 8 pounds since that post! You'll be asking how I did it. Well, I did it the best way possible. I ate about 70% fresh fruits and vegetables each day and drank lots of water. The other 30% of my diet was made up of whole grain pancakes and sugar free syrup for some breakfasts and grilled chicken to go with some dinners. Yes, I snacked now and then and yes, there were a couple mornings when I had gained. However, it all evened out in the end and I'm feeling pretty great about that!

Here's the picture I promised. My husband took this this morning before we left for church.

Happy Blue Monday, everyone!


  1. Congrats and keep it up! Happy blue monday!

  2. congrats for losing weight...that's great...love your skirt anyway and you are pretty.

    happy blue monday.

    mine is up too.

  3. YOu look so pretty in your blue skirt! Have a Blue Monday-thanks for sharing!

  4. Nice blue skirt and happy blue Monday to yoy too!


  5. Great work, Sarah. Keep it up.

    Happy Blue Monday!

  6. Way to go... congratulations Sarah!
    Happy Blue Monday! ... Karen

  7. Hello Sarah, well I am jealous and I am proud of you. I for one know how hard it is to lose weight and then...keep it off. You look very pretty in your blue skirt and your beautiful long hair. Your hubby must be very proud of you too.

    I will visit your giveaway next. It sounds very exciting.
    Hugs, Jeanne

  8. You have it made with your determination. Stick with it as you have come too far to stop now. You will feel better too.

  9. Congrats Aunt Sarah, you look gorgeous = )

  10. Awwww, you look so pretty! Congratulations!...Christine

  11. You are so beautiful, Sarah, both inside and outside. :) Love you! And great job on getting back into that skirt again. I knew you could do it. :)


Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Please consider signing up for EMAIL NOTICES so you'll have a reminder of our weekly HOMEMAKING PARTY---and more! Have a wonderful day!

Mrs. Sarah Coller

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...